Aside from the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors applies additional resources to Australian conservation projects in two key areas:
Wildlife Emergency Hotline - 1300 369 652
If you come across injured wildlife:
- Check for danger to yourself and those around you
- Check for further danger or injury to the animal
- Ensure the animal actually needs rescuing!
- Minimise noise
- Minimise handling and stress
- Keep pets and children away from wildlife
- Offer water, but not food (especially not cow's milk!)
- Move roadkill at least 10m off the road
- Check dead koala, kangaroo, wombat and possum pouches for joeys
- Contact us as soon as possible
- Remember your safety always comes first!
Report feral animal sightings - www.feralscan.org.au